Food Security

Campus Food Bank
1-81 SUB, University of Alberta

The Campus Food Bank is a non-profit organization that is committed to eliminating hunger on our Campus. We offer a confidential service for those who need assistance. We are also looking for non-perishable food donations. For more information drop by our office or contact us by phone or e-mail.

Edmonton’s Food Bank

Provides food hampers to individuals and families in need.

Wecan - Food Basket Society
Campus Food Bank is a food depot for Wecan

The Wecan Food Basket Society is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing affordable food security to community members throughout the Edmonton area. The Food Basket is a monthly program that helps families and individuals get fresh food at a discount price by purchasing in bulk quantities and passing the savings onto their members. The seasonal items selected each month are staples of a healthy diet. An annual membership is $5 (to cover administration costs), with a typical basket of 3 cuts of meat and 6 types of produce costing only $25 monthly. Wecan typically saves customers up to 25% off of retail food prices for comparable items.

Bread Run
Garneau United Church, 11148-84 Ave and other locations
Saturday's from 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.

Bread Run is a service that provides free groceries. It is available on a weekly basis and there is no limited for how many times a month you can receive the groceries. Foods to expect every week are bread and protein products, other food included but will vary from week to week is dairy products, fruits and vegetables.

Salvation Army Food Bank
9620-101A Ave

This is another Food Bank service that is separate from the Edmonton Food Bank. No appointment needs to be made, this service is provided on a drop in basis and the food is made into a food basket and given right away. This service can be accessed every 90 days. Photo ID, proof of current address, and proof of income are required (to show that they are low-income: student loan sheet, bank statement, etc. If they have children Alberta Health Cards need to be presented for each or some form of ID.

Note that this is not an exhaustive list. For more resources, please contact us or call 211.